Most homeowners put off starting home improvement projects until the start of spring. However, it’s not impossible to install gutters in winter.
When Gutter Installations Are Needed in Winter
There will be times where you might need some home improvement work done or replacement gutters installed in winter. Your gutters might have started to sag due to heavy snowfall or icicles forming on the edges of your roof. The problem is due to freezing temperatures, and winter isn’t the most ideal time to be doing home improvement work. Still, it can be done, although it will most likely take longer than usual.
To reduce the need for emergency roof or gutter work, we recommend routinely cleaning your gutters and maintaining your roof. Here are some maintenance tips:
- Clean your gutters before the start of winter.
- Make sure to inspect your gutters for any leaks as well.
- Clear snow accumulating on the edges of your roof.
The Benefits of Installing Gutters in Winter
Even if you don’t need emergency gutter replacement, installing new gutters in winter has several benefits, such as:
- Easier scheduling – Demand for contractors’ services usually dips in winter. As such, you’ll have an easier time scheduling a gutter or roof replacement during your preferred schedule. Keep in mind that this isn’t a guarantee; although more often than not, homeowners will have an easier time making an appointment. Ultimately, it’ll depend on your contractor, which is why it’s best to call them if you have specific questions about winter gutter installations.
- Discounts on materials – Due to lower demand, it’s not uncommon for contractors to offer discounts on services. As such, you’re more likely to get a great deal on roofing materials and gutters in winter.
One more thing: Installing gutters in freezing weather is harder and, therefore, takes a lot more expertise. That’s why you should only hire an experienced contractor to install your new gutters.
Turner & Sons Roofing & Siding has been offering professional exterior services as well as premium gutter and siding products to local residents since 1956. To request an estimate, call us at (860) 398-5072, or fill out our form here. We serve homeowners in Cromwell, CT, as well as the surrounding communities.